Wednesday 12 December 2007

Frozen flowers in Oklahoma City - from the BBC Website


This has amazed me. In Oklahoma City ice has encased everything, making blades of grass look literally like blades, and turning tree branches into deadly weapons as the weight of the ice brings them crashing down on power lines, cars and homes.

But, flowers encased in ice? I never thought of that as a possibility. It's both scary and quite beautiful.

For those in the EDM Network who are affected - I hope you are able to stay warm and ride out the storm in safety.

UPDATE: I had a go at re-creating one of the flowers digitally, and sampled the colours from the photo itself. I'm certainly gaining confidence with the software and I really enjoyed this piece - especially 'painting' a frame to finish it off :)